Afghani Mutton Gravy is a traditional dish that was first made by the Afghan people.Afghan cuisine is known world over for there amazing dishes that were once made by the traditional nomads and it eventually spread to the entire country.
Afghani cuisine is known for there kebabs,kofta,burgers,Quroot,Mantu and rice dishes.The nations culinary specialties reflects its ethnic and geographic diversity.
How is Afghani Mutton Gravy made?
The dish takes quite a lot of time to make,but i have come up with easy tricks and solutions to make home made mutton gravy from the lands of Afghanistan a memorable one.
Here are the ingredients to make this dish:
- 500 gm-1 kg of freshly cut mutton
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 table spoon of onion paste
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 100 grams of coriander leaves
- 3 table spoon of ginger or a fist full of ginger
- 5 green chilli
- 1/4 cup of water
- 400 gm of curd
- 200 gm of milk cream
- 40 ml of water
- 1-2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon of garam masala
- 2 tablespoon of chaat masala
- 2 tablespoon of fenugreek powder(dry)
- Black and white pepper
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 3 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 2 green cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 1 pinch garam masala
- Use a cooker and add 500 gm of chopped mutton,preferably large pieces.Add 1 tbsp ginger paste along with 1 tbsp of garlic paste along with 1/2 tbsp salt.
- Add half a glass of water and close the cooker lid and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Take a jar,add coriander leaves with ginger,garlic,onion,chilli’s and blend it. After its completely blended,remove it in a bowl
- Add 400 grams of curd in the jar along with a little malai. Add a little 40 ml of water to the jar and blend it slowly.
- Mix the product from the jar into the bowl containing the mix of garlic,ginger,onion and chilli mix.
- Open the cooker lid and check on the mutton.Add 1 tbsp of oil to it and mix it and don’t overcook.Keep it out to cool for a while.
- Now take the mutton pieces from the cooker and mix it in the bowl containing the processed product.
- In the bowl,add 2 tbsp chaat masala and garam masala powder,1/12 tbsp of dry fenugreek powder,1 tbsp black and white pepper,1/4 cup of cooking oil,1 tbsp white vinegar, and add 1/2 tbsp salt and mix it thoroughly and refrigerate it for over 1 hour.
- Take a pan,add cooking oil and wait till it heats up.Take only the mixed mutton pieces from the bowl(leave the gravy in the bowl) and fry it in the pan till its turns little brown or up to 4 minutes.
- Take another pan,add cooking oil,2 green cardamom,3 cloves and let it heat.Add the gravy from the bowl and mix it and let it heat in high flame for about 12 minutes till it turns thick and stops bubbling.
- Add the cooked mutton pieces into the pan and mix it with the gravy.Take a small steel cup,add hot charcoal,cloves,butter and keep it inside the pan or on top of the gravy containing the mutton and closed the pan lid for 5 minutes.(The charcoal coal gives a nice smell and flavor.make sure the charcoal doesn’t fall in the gravy).
- Open the lid and remove the cup containing the charcoal and mix the gravy.Add 1/2 cup boiled water,coriander leaves,a pinch of garam masala.Its ready!!
Do give us your valuable feedback and stay tuned for such amazing blogs!