Several beaches in Australia were at high alert when thousands of jelly fish were found lurking at the beach side.The Australian government had to shut down the beaches on account of multiple injuries sustained by the people.
According to the investigation panel,Due to the strong gushing of the wind tides,these jelly fish were washed ashore and have stung close to 15000 people.
The injurious were mostly non-poisonous,as most of the stings were caused by bluebottle colonies which aren’t life threatening.The injurious caused by the stings led to anaphylactic shocks,bleeding,sting injurious,swelling and infections.
Tourists and local residents were advised to take precautionary measures and to avoid visiting beaches till the epidemic was solved.
According to estimates,close to 1000 people were treated at the Sunshine coast alone and around 13000 were stung in a week at Queensland.
- Get information about conditions-Talk to life guard officials,medical survey departments,local residents about the swimming conditions and lurking dangers.
- Wear thick protective suits to prevent stings in case of any jelly fish attack,as it would prevent deep penetration of the stings.
- Use antiseptic lotions on elderly and children to prevent any bacterial infection.
- OTC or Over The Counter pain medications should be advised n consumed in order to prevent any inflammation caused by the stings.
- Use sea water to rinse off the sting and not fresh water.
- If symptoms of allergic reactions start showing up,then take immediate care,and rush to the hospital before the symptoms aggravates.
- Don’t touch the affected area with your bare hands-Instead use towels,tweezers and cover the are with shaving cream or baking soda paste and scrape it.
- Proper rinsing with sea water is considered to be helpful as it reduces n removes the debris,and prevents any serious infection to occur.
Do give us your valuable feedback and stay tuned for such amazing blogs!
source of image-abc.net.au