How is Tahini Made?
Tahini is a famous dip that is made from toasted ground sesame.It is most commonly used in Middle-Eastern countries and is considered as a delicacy used with hummus.
Tahini can be made at home as well.It only requires 3 main ingredients to create the perfect tahini.Here are steps to make it:
- Sesame seeds,oil and salt
- Add the sesame seeds to a wide,dry sauced pan over medium low heat
- Toast the seeds till its fragrant and is lightly colored,not brown(Make sure it doesn’t turn brown)
- It takes about 3 to 5 minutes for the seeds to be lightly colored
- Add the toasted sesame seeds into the food processor and let it cool for few minutes
- Once cooled,process it till a paste is formed
- Add a little bit of oil and process it for 2 to 3 minutes more
- Process it till it becomes smooth.
- Add salt and process it again for a few minutes till the salt gets mixed
- Taste it and then refrigerate it for an hour or you could consume it instantly.
- 1 cup of sugar(icing sugar is preferred)
- 1 1/2 cup of Tahini(Roasted sesame)
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 1/2 cup pistachio
- A square shaped bowl
- Start the entire process by using normal or icing sugar.To make the icing sugar,you have blend the normal fine sugar for few seconds and you get the result.
- Use a medium or a large sized bowl
- Add 1 cup of the icing sugar into the bowl
- Add 1 cup of milk powder and mix it with the icing sugar
- Add 1 1/2 cup of tahini into the bowl and combine well.
- The entire mixture is then mixed till it gets a hard or doughy consistency
- Take a plastic wrap and cover the bowl from inside and sides
- Add the processed mixture into the bowl
- Use the back of a glass and press it till the surface gets even
- Add dry fruits as toppings
- Cover the bowl entirely with the plastic wrap and refrigerate it for a day.
Do give us your valuable feedback and stay tuned for such amazing blogs!
Follow us on these links and stay tuned for such amazing blogs!